Enlarged Prostate in Edmond, OK
Benign prostatic hyperplasia, or BPH, is a condition that affects many men and the size of their prostates. Men with an enlarged prostate are at risk for a number of concerning and frustrating symptoms, including difficulty while urinating, pain when urinating, or even accidental leakages of urine.
Fortunately, Urology Associates has extensive experience in diagnosing and treating BPH. Urology Associates will help you discover the best treatment option for you and your lifestyle. Call (405) 749-9655 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
What is Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH)?
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or an enlarged prostate is one of the most common conditions of aging men and is associated with bothersome lower urinary tract symptoms. These symptoms affect quality of life by interfering with normal daily activities and sleep patterns. BPH affects around 50% of men by age 60 and by age 85, it’s as high as 90%.1
Symptoms of BPH
Common symptoms of BPH include:1
- Waking up several times a night to urinate
- Weak, interrupted urine stream
- Hard time starting and stopping
- Feeling a sudden urge to urinate
- Not sure your bladder is empty
- Dribbling at the end of your stream
- Painful or burning urination
- Inability to go when you feel the need
- Lack of control over urination
Do you have BPH?
Take our BPH quiz to gain insight into the severity of your symptoms.
1. Barry M, Roehrborn C. Management of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Ann Rev Med. 1997 Feb;48:177-89.
All images are the property of Boston Scientific. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
© 2021 Boston Scientific Corporation. All rights reserved. URO-1003002-AA ARR 2021
Schedule a BPH Consultation in Edmond, OK
To discover the best BPH treatment option for you, call (405) 749-9655 and schedule an appointment today.